Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. Low Prices on Oats Bran Browse Our Breakfast Cereals Range at Holland & Barrett. In a large bowl, mix the oat bran, flour, dark brown soft sugar, bicarb, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, blend the apple sauce, egg substitute, rapeseed oil and vanilla extract.
Prepare muffin tins by lining with paper cups or spraying with non-stick spray. Add buttermilk to oat bran and let stand. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. You can cook Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour + 1 tbs for dusting blueberries.
- Prepare 1 cup of coarse ground oat bran.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 (5.3 oz) of container plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani).
- It’s 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pint of fresh blueberries.
Beat vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla together. DIRECTIONS Combine whole wheat flour, oat bran, wheat germ, brown sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a large bowl, mix the oat bran, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, blend the applesauce, egg substitute, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard size 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray, including the entire top. Or line cups with paper liners. Either way you will want to spray the top to prevent sticking..
- In a medium bowl wisk together flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together milk and yogurt until smooth. Add brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Wisk to combine thoroughly..
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon stir together until just incorporated, with no dry patches remaining. It will be lumpy and that's okay. You don't want to over mix..
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile gently toss blueberries in 1 tbs flour to coat (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). Gently fold into batter to distribute as evenly as possible..
- Gently spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling the wells to the top. I actually ended up with enough to also fill a 12 count mini muffin tin..
- Place in oven. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center (of a muffin in the middle of tin) comes out clean. Mine took about 28 min..
Thoroughly mix the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries and pecans. In a mixing bowl, stir together the oat bran, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk beverage, egg whites, honey or molasses, oil, and blueberries. Mix with a spoon just until the dry ingredients are moistened.