Coconut Cream Pie Bars. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Looking For Coconut Cream Pie Recipe?
My absolute favorite way to eat it is in pie. So I thought I would take the traditional pie and turn it in these. Put the cream on the bars and spread it gently around. You can have Coconut Cream Pie Bars using 27 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- You need of For Coconut Shortbread crust.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of shredded sweetened coconut.
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of cold salted butter, cut into about 10 pieces.
- It’s of For Chocolate Ganache Layer.
- It’s of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of For Coconut Cream Filling.
- You need of light cream or half and half.
- You need of coconut milk.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of coconut extract.
- Prepare of sweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s of For Topping.
- Prepare of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need of confectioners sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of unflavored gelitin.
- It’s of cold water.
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- It’s of shredded sweetened coconut, toasted, recipe below.
- Prepare of chocolate shavings as needed.
Cool it until it is ready to serve and leave the whipped cream ready. COCONUT CREAM PIE BARS — Layers of sweetened cream cheese, coconut cream pudding and homemade whipped cream come together on a pecan shortbread crust in this creamy dessert that's perfect for any summer celebration! These cool dreamy coconut cream pie bars with a whipped topping and toasted coconut finish are the ideal warm-weather dessert. They have a totally easy prep with a simple cookie crust and sweet coconut-y filling.
Coconut Cream Pie Bars instructions
- Make crust..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 by 13 baking pan with foil. Place one dheet with over hang on the long side and two over lapping on the short side. This will make removing the bars for cutting easy.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, confectioner's sugar, salt and coconut.
- Add the butter pieces and with a pastry cutter or your fingers combine until it resembles a crumb mixture.
- Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake until golden about 18 to 22 minutes. Remove to rack, cool 5 minutes before adding chocolate ganache layer.
- While crust is cooking make chocolate ganacheplace chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, pour over chocolate. Let sit one minute then stir until smooth.
- Allow chocolate to cool about 5 minutes until it is pourable but not hot. Pour onto crust and spread with an off set spatula or back of a spoon to cover crust. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Make Coconut Cream Filling.
- In alarge saucepan combine crem, coconut milk, eggs, cornstarch sugat and salt. Whisk well and heat, stirring constantly, reaching all corners of pan until mixture comes to a boi, cook still constantly stirring until thick and bubbling.This can takel15 to 20 minutes Remove from heat and add both extracts and the 1/2 cup coconut and stir in, cool 5 minutes.
- Pour warm filling over cooled crust. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before refrigerating until set, at least 4 hours.
- For Whipped Cream Topping.
- Place cold water and unflavored gelatin in a small heat proof bowl. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Have a small skillet with simmering water ready. Place bowl with gelatin in simmering water stirring until dissoved and clear. Turn off heat but leave gelatin in warm water while beating cream.
- Beat cream until it holds soft peaks, add confectioner's sugar, vanilla and liquid gelatin and beat until it holds its shape.
- Spread over coconut cream layer, sprinkle on toasted coconut and chocolate shavings. Chill at least 1 hour for whipped cream to set.
- Lift entire bar out with foil, then cut into bars with a sharp knife.
- How to toast coconut. Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread coconut in an even layer on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until golden 5 to 9 minutes, stirring evey minutes until golden.
These little babies just call to people again….and again ….until they're gone. You'll make them over and over! Dollop the cream over your bars and gently spread it around. Chill until ready to serve to let the whipped cream set up. There's kind of a sad story about these coconut cream pie bars.