Major's chewy oatmeal cookies. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Browse Our Food & Drink Range Online.
They create chewy cookies when baked in the dough. Shortening – Another key to a soft cookie, is using shortening instead of butter. Chewy Oatmeal Cookie Tips What kind of oats are the best for cookies? You can cook Major's chewy oatmeal cookies using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Major's chewy oatmeal cookies
- Prepare 1/2 lb of soft butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of bisquick.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 cup of quick cook oatmeal.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
Old-fashioned and quick-cooking oats are best for baking cookies. Old-fashioned oats are chewy, nutty and have a flat, full shape. Quick-cooking (also called rolled oats) have been pressed and cut into smaller pieces. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
Major's chewy oatmeal cookies step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- cream together first 3 ingredients.
- add eggs and vanilla.
- slowly add in bisquick.
- stir in oatmeal.
- add raisins.
- drop by tablespoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake for 10-12 minutes.
- just before desired color is achieved remove from oven and let cookies finish cooking on sheet.
- this gives the chewy moist texture desired.
- you can add or substitute different dried fruits, chocolate chips etc..
Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, then gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, honey and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer. (You could also use an electric mixer if you didn't have a stand mixer available). These Oatmeal Cookies are Soft and Chewy. Even when I mistakenly over bake them, these homemade oatmeal cookies still turn out chewy. The cookies bake thick and beautiful, and are full of flavor.