Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Bouquets, Chocolate Dipped Fruit & Much More.
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make the shortcakes: Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and. You can cook Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
- You need of CHOCOLATE CAKES.
- Prepare 1 of recipe of my Original Whoppie Pie cakes, recipe attached in direction step #1.
- Prepare of STRAWBERRYS.
- You need 6 cup of sliced fresh strawberrys.
- You need 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, add more or less depending on sweetness of your strawberrys.
- It’s of WHIPPED CREAM.
- You need 1 of My recipe for Stabalized Whipped Cream, double all ingredients in recipe, recipe attached in direction step #9.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need 1 of recipe of White and Dark covered Chocolate Strawberrys, recipe attached in direction step #10.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL SAUCES.
- It’s 1 of recipe of my Salted Caramel Sauce, recipe attached in direction step #10.
- You need 1 of of my Hot Fudge Sauce, recipe attached in direction step #10.
Sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Toss with a fork to combine. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter or a fork until the largest pieces of butter are the size of peas. Add the grated chocolate and toss to combine.
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes step by step
- Make Whoppie Pie Cakes and cool them as directed in recipe, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/351994-original-whoppie-pies.
- While whoppie pie cakes are cooling , combine strawberrys and sugar and mix well. Let sit to extract juices.
- Make Stabalized Whipped Cream, using double of the ingredients following the same directions. Recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343417-stabilized-whipped-cream-for-frosting-topping-and-dipping.
- ASSEMBLE SHORTCAKES.
- Put one Whoppie Pie bottom up on serving plate.
- Put some whipped cream on cake.
- Add some sweetened strawberrys on top of whipped cream.
- Top with another whoppie pie cake.
- Repeat 1 more time by adding whipped cream, strawberrys and third whoppie pie cake.
- Finish top with whipped cream and strawberrys. Garnish with the White and Dark Chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached below Drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce and Hot Fudge Sauce if your using them, recipes attached below for both https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348550-white-and-dark-chocolate-covered-strawberries https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359845-hot-fudge-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355600-salted-caramel-sauce.
Using electric mixer, beat chilled whipping cream, sour. Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes are a special treat to end the week. A dollop of homemade whipped cream tops sliced strawberries that are sandwiched between chocolate biscuit halves. You might want to double this dessert. These Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes are the perfect portion of dessert.