Japanese Curry with Beef (from scratch). Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Uber Eats is the easy way to get the food you love delivered.
Add onion and stir fry until translucent. Japanese curry is very different to most curries you might be familiar with. It takes a bit of French sauce technique and Japanese stewing technique and comb. You can have Japanese Curry with Beef (from scratch) using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry with Beef (from scratch)
- Prepare 250 g of Beef (slice thinly).
- Prepare 70 of Yellow Onions (diced neatly).
- It’s 1/2 (80 g) of Fuji Apple (chopped finely).
- You need 70 g of Celery (diced neatly).
- Prepare 60 g of Carrots (diced neatly).
- Prepare 100 g of Potatoes (diced neatly).
- You need 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of S&B Curry Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 pinches (2 g) of Salt.
- It’s 1-2 cup of Stock/Water.
- You need of [Curry Roux];.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of S&B Curry Powder.
- You need 0.5-1 cup of Water/Stock.
- It’s of [Quick Katsu Sauce recipe];.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Tomato paste.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Kikkoman Light Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
Because Japanese Curry is the only curry that I know where you are allowed and encourage to be adventurous. I've seen Japanese Curry with mayonnaise, chocolate, coffee, cheese and lots more. I've added a quick recipe for Katsu Sauce, which is a Japanese barbecue sauce eaten with Tonkatsu (pork chops). The curry is made by sauteing onions and then adding a protein (such as chicken, pork, or beef), carrots and potatoes along with water before cooking it until the meat and potatoes are tender.
Japanese Curry with Beef (from scratch) instructions
- Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking oil in a wok until hot and dry the onions until it is fragrant and translucent. Then add the apples and caramelise them for 2-3 minutes..
- Then add the beef, mix well and cook them until the beef is brown all over. Then add in the potatoes, Celery, carrots and stir fry them for 1 minutes. Add stock/water as well as 1 Tbsp of curry powder and let it cook until veggies and beef are tender..
- Meanwhile, in another wok, and in bitter and flour, mix well and cook them to a smooth consistency (try not to let the butter become brown). Add the S&B Curry Powder and Katsu sauce and mix well. Lastly add the stock and mix it to smooth consistency again..
- Add the Curry Roux to the Beef and Veggie broth and then mix well. Season with Salt and then serve..
The roux blocks go in at the very end to season and thicken the curry. Beef curry ingredients (preparation) Cut your onion into thin slices, and then cut your carrot diagonally, as you rotate it in a quarter in between the cuts. This cutting technique is called rangiri in Japanese. Cut your potato into half, and then cut the half pieces into quarters. Japanese curry is a rich, thick curry, with meat and root vegetables.