Shrimp and Corn Chowder. Save time and do your groceries online. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! Stir in the celery, scallions, potatoes and corn.
Add the shrimp and stir gently, making sure they are all submerged. Add the garlic and the flour. Add corn, heavy cream, and green onions to pot and bring to a simmer. You can have Shrimp and Corn Chowder using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- You need 6-8 of small, red potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 pint of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 of container (48 oz) chicken stock (low sodium is okay).
- Prepare 1-2 lb of peeled, raw shrimp, each cut in half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of crab boil seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of container (16oz) lump crab meat (optional).
- Prepare 2 cans of drained corn kernels, or one large bag of frozen kernels.
Directions: Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the stockpot, and cook, stirring frequently,. Bacon Onion Potato Corn Chowder (Gluten Free) Oh Snap! To create a thick, rich chowder base that didn't rely on heavy cream, I started by making a roux with flour, a touch of butter, and nonfat milk (for a step-by-step visual, check out the video at the bottom of the post), then added a can of cream-style corn.
Shrimp and Corn Chowder step by step
- In a large pot, melt your butter on medium heat and add your cubed potatoes and chopped onion. Sauté on low/medium heat for approximately 15 minutes..
- Add chicken stock, crab boil seasoning and bring to a boil. Add your corn..
- Reduce heat back to medium/low and add entire pint of heavy whipping cream, stirring until fully mixed. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, making sure your heat is not so high that it sticks..
- And your shrimp last. If you're feeling adventurous, also add a 16 oz. container of lump crab meat..
- Allow your chowder to cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes..
- Garnish with parsley flakes and serve in small bowls..
The creamed corn gives the shrimp corn chowder body and a light, subtle sweetness that's beautifully balanced by a kick of cayenne pepper. For good measure, I added a splash of half-and-half at the end, but honestly, the Shrimp Corn. Add salt, black pepper, cayenne, shrimp, corn and cubed potatoes. Add corn, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme, and chicken broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then pour in heavy cream.