Spanish rice turkey casserole. In a large skillet, saute rice and vermicelli in butter until golden brown. Gradually stir in the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packets. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
In large bowl, mix broccoli and onion, turkey, cheese, mayonnaise, soup, rice and water chestnuts until blended. This southwestern turkey rice casserole is a fantastic mix of spices, vegetables and lean protein. When rice is cooked add to pan with broth mixture along with cooked turkey and cooked peas and carrots. You can cook Spanish rice turkey casserole using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish rice turkey casserole
- You need 2 packages of 6.8 ounces each. Spanish rice and vermicelli mix.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter cubed.
- You need 1 can of 14-1/2 ounce diced tomatoes undrained.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 can of 10oz. diced tomatoes and green chilies UNdrained.
- You need 3 cup of cubed cooked turkey or chicken.
- It’s 1 can of 11 oz. whole kernel corn drained..
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend divided.
Spray a square or round casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour contents of pan into casserole dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheddar cheese and then bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat; drain the fat, and transfer beef to a large pot over medium low heat.
Spanish rice turkey casserole step by step
- in a large skillet saute rice and vermicelli in butter till golden brown. gradually stir in water tomatoes,and contents of rice seasoning packets. bring to a boil reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until race is tender. meanwhile in a large bowl combined the turkey corn sour cream and half of the cheese stir in rice mixture. transfer to greased 3 qt. baking dish.. sprinkle with remaining cheese this will be full. bake uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Stir in onion, garlic green pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, chili sauce, salt, pepper, brown sugar, cumin and Worcestershire sauce. In a large skillet, saute rice and vermicelli in butter until golden brown. Gradually stir in the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packets. Add turkey meat over rice mixture, distributing evenly around baking pan. Sprinkle turkey/rice mixture with frozen vegetables, distributing evenly.