Homemade Digestive Biscuits in Kadai and Microwave. It's made with Whole wheat flour from which we make regular roti or chapati at home. I tried making Homemade Digestive Biscuits and it turned out really well. In this recipe/video, I have shown how to bake it using microwave and Kadai/cooker.
Cover the kadai with a plate. Homemade Digestive Biscuits are the latest result of my efforts to replace store bought products with delicious, easy homemade versions. Crunchy, crumbly and with a satisfying wholemeal, buttery flavour, I think these are miles ahead of the packet versions. You can have Homemade Digestive Biscuits in Kadai and Microwave using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Digestive Biscuits in Kadai and Microwave
- You need 250 gms of Wheat flour.
- Prepare 100 gms of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 75 gms of Chilled Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chilled Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Not too sweet, they're perfect for dunking in a cup of tea. OVEN: These biscuits are baked in OTG. Put the baking tray in the middle rack of oven and bake cookies with both the rods, i.e. top and bottom, on. However these can be baked in convection mode of microwave and kadai too.
Homemade Digestive Biscuits in Kadai and Microwave instructions
- In a Mixing Plate, sift all the dry ingredients and mix. Now add chilled butter to the mixture and rub it nicely in the flour so that it is mixed evenly. If your flour holds shape the butter is nicely mixed.
- Now add the chilled milk little by little knead into a semi-soft dough. Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes knead the dough and divide it into 2 equal parts. One for baking in Microwave and other for baking in Kadai..
- Make a smooth ball and start rolling the dough on a rolling board. Make sure to add enough amount of dry flour for dusting as the dough might stick while rolling..
- Roll a little thick and give a round shape by using any lid or cookie cutter. Now prick the holes using a toothpick..
- Grease a baking tray and dust some dry flour on all sides(Alternatively, you can also use butter paper). Place the biscuits on the tray..
- Heat a Kadai on high flame for 5 minutes and place a wire rack in it..
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 for the other part of the dough, place the biscuits on the other greased baking tray..
- Place the baking tray in the Kadai and cover. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden,.
- Remove the biscuits from microwave and Kadai and let it cool for about an hour on a wire rack..
- Biscuits are ready to be served with tea/coffee..
The recipe below comes from my first ever book Bee's Brilliant Biscuits. Crunchy, crumbly and with a satisfying wholemeal, oaty flavour, I think these are miles ahead of the packet versions. Not too sweet, they're perfect for dunking in a cup of tea or even eating with cheese. You can even turn them into an extra. From a tea time snack to entire pie crust, my Digestive Biscuits recipe is as versatile as it is delicious and can be made in no time.