Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
Our favorite weeknight friendly spaghetti recipe with a meat sauce that is made completely from scratch. Use ground beef, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb to make this simple spaghetti. Add the ground beef and cook through while crumbling. You can cook Spaghetti with Meat Sauce using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- It’s 680 g of Uncooked Linguine.
- You need 1 jar of Bertolli Five Cheese Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 jar of Bertolli Tomato Basil Sauce.
- You need 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 Tb of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 Tb of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tb of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Tb of Seasoned Salt.
- You need 1 Tb of Italian herbs.
If there is excess grease drain it off before moving on. Serve with steamed broccoli and garlic bread. To make the best spaghetti sauce, you simply need to brown the ground beef and drain off any excess fat. Then, throw in the chopped celery, onion, and garlic and cook until the vegetables soften.
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce step by step
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water until it is soft enough for your liking..
- While the pasta is cooking, add ground beef to a pot to begin frying. You will need to separate the beef to be in small pieces..
- When there is only a small amount of red left in the beef, add 1/2 Tb of all the spices, stir, and allow the beef to continue cooking..
- Once there is no red left in the meat, add the remaining 1/2 Tb of all the spices and stir again..
- Optional: I don't prefer tomato chunks in the sauce and I blend the sauce with an emersion blender. This step is not necessary but it smooths the sauce out nicely..
- Add both jars of sauce and stir. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat. Be careful here as the sauce can begin to boil and splatter if not stirred..
- Plate the 1/8th of the cooked pasta and 1 cup of sauce and enjoy! And freshly grated Romano cheese if you'd like that extra flavour..
Dump the rest of the homemade pasta sauce ingredients into the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Meat Sauce for pasta is traditionally made with spaghetti, but it goes really well with any of these: String Pastas – Spaghetti, Linguine, Fettuccine Ribbon Pastas – Pappardelle or Tagliatelle Tubular Pastas – Penne, Cannelloni, Rigatoni, Ziti Credit: Molly Spaghetti has to be one of the most versatile and well-loved dishes there is. Whether it's lightly tossed in olive oil or generously topped with marinara sauce and meatballs — it's good. But don't settle for limp, boring salad or frozen garlic bread on the side of your spaghetti dinner. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.