Sourdough Oatmeal Cookies. Add starter and vanilla; mix well. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Cream together shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
Cream in order, the butter, sugar, molasses and egg and add the remaining ingredients and the starter mixture. Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside. Melt butter in a small pot or skillet over medium-high heat, swirl pan occasionally, until foaming subsides. You can have Sourdough Oatmeal Cookies using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 113 grams of Einkorn flour (or regular all-purpose).
- You need 7 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 4 grams of Baking soda.
- It’s 56 grams (1/2 stick) of Butter.
- It’s 40 grams of Oil.
- You need 4 grams of Cinnamon.
- It’s 85 grams of Brown sugar.
- You need 45 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 70 grams of Sourdough discard (can be used straight from the fridge).
- Prepare 2 of Whole eggs.
- Prepare 4 grams of Vanilla extract.
- You need 265 grams of Oatmeal (Old Fashioned).
- It’s 57 grams of Dried cranberries or raisins.
- It’s 100 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 100 grams of Chocolate chips.
Sourdough is also a healthy alternative to the super sweet cookies you normally buy at the supermarket. I always decrease sugar in each recipe to make the cookie a better alternative to Quaker's recipe and others. This sourdough oatmeal raisin cookie is terrific with chocolate chips, nuts or even the yummy prune! Instructions In mixing bowl add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter, and beat until creamy.
Sourdough Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Heat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside..
- Melt butter in a small pot or skillet over medium-high heat, swirl pan occasionally, until foaming subsides. Stir and scrape bottom of pan with heat-resistant spatula, until milk solids are dark golden brown and butter has nutty aroma, around 1 to 2 minutes..
- Transfer browned butter to large heatproof bowl and stir in cinnamon. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and oil to browned butter and whisk until combined..
- Add discard, eggs and vanilla and whisk until mixture is smooth. Using wooden spoon or spatula, stir in flour mixture until fully combined, about 1 minute..
- Add oats, and mix-ins (if using) and stir until evenly distributed (your mixture will be thick and stiff).
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop and arrange 2 inches apart..
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes..
- Nutrition Facts Servings: 40 Amount per serving Calories 75 % Daily Value* Total Fat 4.6g 6% Saturated Fat 1.5g 8% Cholesterol 12mg 4% Sodium 111mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 7.4g 3% Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2% Total Sugars 4.6g Protein 1.4g Vitamin D 2mcg 8% Calcium 11mg 1% Iron 0mg 2% Potassium 35mg 1% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice. By very well fit.com.
Add vanilla extract and lemon juice, and mix in. In bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. In a large bowl or electric mixer, mix together pumpkin puree and date sugar. Add salt, baking soda, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix well to combine. Add thickened flax meal and sourdough discard.