Prawn and Veggie Fried Rice. This prawn and vegetable fried rice dish was inspired from Ching-He Huang's Chinese Food Made Easy recipe book and in particular her recipe 'Grandmother's Chicken Fried Rice'. To same skillet, stir in the spinach until wilted. Add the soy sauce, then the rice and shrimp.
Add shrimp, top with some scallion, and serve. Push rice mixture to sides of pan, making a well in center of mixture. Add in the prawns and allow to cook whilst allowing to brown and get crispy. You can cook Prawn and Veggie Fried Rice using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn and Veggie Fried Rice
- You need 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of small white onion, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of frozen veggies diced.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped green onions.
Remove from the heat and serve. Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice is one of the fried rice recipes that I like mainly because it is a meal in itself (like the delicious yang chow fried rice which I enjoy eating). The next thing that got me interested was that idea that we can play with the ingredients that we want to use. I love shrimp fried rice and this is a quick and easy recipe to make – if you make the rice the night ahead!
Prawn and Veggie Fried Rice step by step
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat..
- Add vegetable oil, sesame oil, and shrimp to skillet and add salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add white onion, frozen veggies and fry until tender.
- Slide onion, frozen veggies to the side and pour beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Using spatula scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with vegetable mix.
- Add rice and shrimp to the veggie and egg mixture..
- Pour soy sauce and butter on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
- Add chopped green onions if desired. Serve and enjoy!.
I've never had a problem with soggy rice this way – cold rice works the best. Spread rice in a single layer over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Stir in rice, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Egg fried rice is so simple and delicious, and when combined with shrimp and fresh veggies, it turns into a wonderful main meal. This easy shrimp fried rice recipe is perfect in its simplicity, and it has a perfect balance of carbs, protein and veggies to make it great for a weeknight meal.