Focaccia turned into pizza. With a little bit of creativity, a few toppings, and the acceptance that focaccia pizza will always be closer to a Chicago deep-dish pie than a New York slice, your focaccia dough can be pizza. This was supposed to be just a focaccia, but since my son wanted pizza, I turned it into a pizza. Place one thawed focaccia on a baking sheet.
Add your meat and veggie toppings. With a little bit of creativity, a few toppings, and the acceptance that focaccia pizza will always be closer to a Chicago deep-dish pie than a New York slice, your focaccia dough can be pizza. Let cool, garnish, slice, and serve. You can cook Focaccia turned into pizza using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Focaccia turned into pizza
- Prepare 2 cup of (~260 gram) flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of dry active yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare of ~ 1 cup warm water.
- Prepare of If you are making a pizza.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozarella.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- You need Handful of olives.
Transfer the focaccia bread from the pan onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top the focaccia with the marinara sauce, cheese and pizza toppings. Slice and serve immediately. ★ Focaccia is a hardy bread seasoned with the Meditteranean flavors of olive oil, and takes a lot of heat in order to bake, making it the perfect fit for a scorching-hot pizza oven, especially when covered in your favorite toppings! For the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, yeast and salt.
Focaccia turned into pizza instructions
- Mix together all the ingredients except the water..
- With a wooden spoon, start mixing the batter adding slowly the water until a soft but not sticky dough forms..
- Knead with your hands for just five minutes and then let the dogh rise in a covered bowl inside a turned off microwave for 1 hour or until doubled its size..
- After it has doubled its size, knead the dough just for a couple of minutes and then lay it in an well oiled baking pan..
- Cover the baking pan and let rise for another hour..
- Spent the other hour, sprinke olive oil all over the risen dough and make "dimples" with your fingers..
- If you are making just the focaccia, bake it in 200° Celsius for 25 minutes(depending on the size of the baking pan) or until golden brown..
- If you are turning it into a pizza, after you make the dimples, spread the marinara sauce evenly and then add the Mozarella, pepper, olives or everything else you like on a pizza..
- Bake at 200° Celsius for 25 or 30 minutes or depending on the size of the baking pan, until the mozarella is melted completely..
Press the dough into a generously oiled sheet pan and drizzle with even more olive oil. A generous pour of olive oil is the key to great focaccia. Season with kosher salt and a sprinkle of fresh. Focaccia is easy to make even if you've never made bread before! Just press the dough into a pizza pan or baking sheet and let it rise once–no second rising and no loaves to form.