Oatmeal cookies. This cookie gets its name from the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island. Loaded with choco-chips and dried cranberries. The flax seed meal and pumpkin seeds give them a nutty taste, without the nuts.
This classic cookie is full of flavor with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. Follow the recipe or switch it up and add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or peanut butter-flavored chips for a different take on a classic. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. You can cook Oatmeal cookies using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal cookies
- You need 1 1/2 cup of instant oats.
- You need 3/4 cup of gluten free all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 of large egg (room temp).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of liquid stevia.
- You need to taste of raisins or chocolate chips.
In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Large Cookies: Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Old-fashioned and quick-cooking oats are best for baking cookies. Old-fashioned oats are chewy, nutty and have a flat, full shape.
Oatmeal cookies step by step
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet bowl, mix until well combined.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 300 F.
- Distribute tablespoons of dough on the baking tray, leaving some space between them..
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn off the oven and leave tray inside for another 10 minutes.
- Cool down the cookies.
Quick-cooking (also called rolled oats) have been pressed and cut into smaller pieces. Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies Here's a classic, chewy Oatmeal Cookie! This was Grandma's favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, made with oats, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, and shortening. Cool: Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then. Oatmeal Cookies Oats are the star of this cookie, and rightly so.