Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers. These sheet pan beef skewers are a quick and easy meal from Melissa Clark. Beef sirloin is marinated in oil, garlic, and fragrant spices, skewered and quickly broiled, and served with a cilantro and mint yogurt sauce. While your Koobideh skewers are cooking, prepare the yogurt sauce.
DIRECTIONS: Whisk together the Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt, lime juice, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, mustard, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Season the marinade with salt and pepper then add your skirt/flank steak. Process until a paste is formed. You can cook Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers
- You need 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of beef.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/4 of onion.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of acid (lime, lemon juice or vinegar).
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1-2 inch of piece of ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s to taste of hot sauce or hot peppers.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garam masala or curry powder.
Brush a grill pan with the remaining oil. Serve with the cilantro sauce, chutney, and naan, if desired. PREPARE SKEWERS: Preheat the barbecue grill or indoor grill pan with medium-high heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, garlic, cilantro, parsley, allspice, cumin, and bread crumbs and mix thoroughly with your hands.
Yogurt Cilantro Beef Skewers step by step
- Mix everything except the beef in a blender.
- Slice your beef so it is about the same height as width. Mine are about 1/2 a side..
- Mix beef and marinade. I let mine marinate over night typically. So this is usually make a day ahead thing for me..
- About 1 hour before cooking, soak your bamboo skewers so they don't burn, if using..
- Place beef skewers so they will cook evenly. Leave space between pieces. I'm folding these in half because of their length.
- Grill on a medium high heat turning as each side is done. For my pieces here, about 3 minutes a side.
- Serve hot.
Mix in the egg until fully combined and season with salt. Use your knife or this handy pull chopper to mince together mint, cilantro, garlic, ginger, and serrano or jalapeño pepper and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, turmeric, garam masala, and salt. Add in the chopped herbs and mix well. Add the beef cubes and mix well.