Buffalo Shrimp. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Creole-style seasoning, garlic powder, ground cayenne pepper, onion powder, and ground black pepper. Seal the bag and shake a few times to combine the ingredients well. Shake off the excess flour and fry until.
Place margarine in a frying pan and let melt until it starts bubbling. Place shrimp in the butter along with garlic. Add shrimp, and toss to coat well. You can have Buffalo Shrimp using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buffalo Shrimp
- You need 1 1/2 lb of extra large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold water.
- You need 1 of FOR COATING SHRIMP.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of FOR BUFFALO SAUCE.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot sauce, I used Franks brand.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of seasoned rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 4 cup of or more oil for frying, I used canola oil.
- You need 1 of Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip, recipe below.
- It’s 1 of Spicy Ranch Dressing / Dip, recipe below.
- You need 1 of TO SERVE WITH SHRIMP.
- It’s 2 of cucumbers, cut into sticks.
- Prepare 4 of stalks celery, cut into sticks.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the flour, salt and pepper and garlic powder to a gallon size ziploc bag. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Shake off any excess flour and add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer.
Buffalo Shrimp instructions
- In a large bowl whisk mayonnaise and cold water until smooth, add shrimp, mix them to coat with mixture and place in refrigerator while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In another large bowl combine ingredients for coating shrimp, whisk to combine.
- In a third bowl combine hot sauce ingredients and heat in microwave just to have butter melted and warm sauce.
- Heat oil in dutch oven to 365. Leave enough room in pot for oil to expand..
- Remove shrimp from mayonnaise / water mjxture and place on paper towels to remove excess liquid, but do not dry them.
- Add shrimp to bowl with seasoned flour, toss to coat them.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil, shaking off excess coating before dropping in oil. Do not crowd shrimp, they need room to cook. Each batch will take 3 to 4 minutes..
- Drain as they come out of oil on paper towels.
- Toss with warm sauce.
- Remove from sauce with a slotted spoon to a serving platter. Serve with celery sticks, cucumber sticks. Have blue cheese and ranch dip for dipping https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353091-spicy-ranch-dipdressing https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348704-creamy-blue-cheese-dressing-and-dip.
Place a skillet on medium-high heat and add the olive oil and shrimp. Remove the shrimp from the pan and drizzle in buffalo sauce. Arrange the shrimp on the grate over the drip pan away from the heat. Toss the wood chips on the coals. When done, the shrimp will be firm to the touch.