Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce. Look no further for style inspiration and find your new wardrobe favourites. Next-day delivery available and free returns on all orders. Check Out Bbq Sauce Recipes On eBay.
Don't be afraid of the time of preparation. It's VERY easy and the slow cooking pays off. Add the cubes of pork and toss well to combine. You can have Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce
- Prepare of Pork Roast.
- It’s 3 1/2 of Bone-In Pork Loin Roast.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Fresh Greek Oregano Leaves.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Riesling (or other similiar medium-dry wine).
- It’s of Cucumber Mint Sauce.
- You need 8 oz of Greek Cream Cheese (or regular, if you can't find Greek).
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated/Shredded Cucumber.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Fresh Mint Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Pita.
- You need 20 of Pitas.
- It’s 5 of Romaine Leaves.
- You need 5 of Roma Tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of Vidalia Onion.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium-high. Remove the pork from the picante sauce and discard the picante sauce. Slice the pork into thin strips.
Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce step by step
- Place roast in a large mixing bowl. Pour salt and pepper over all sides and coat thoroughly. Cover container and leave in refrigerator for 24-48 hours..
- Preheat grill to high..
- Place roast on grill, close lid, and grill 5 minutes on both sides or until black grill marks have formed..
- Remove roast from the grill and add to slow cooker. Pour Riesling over the top of the roast. Sprinkle with oregano leaves and spoon dollops of butter on top, as well. Set on low and cook for 6 hours..
- Meanwhile, add Greek cream cheese to a small mixing bowl. Use a mandolin or grater to grate/shred 1 cup of cucumber. DO NOT squeeze moisture from cucumber; the moisture will loosen up the cream cheese to make it more of a dressing..
- Chiffonade mint leaves into very thin strips. Add mint and the remainder of sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Remove pork from slow cooker and remove bone(s) from roast. Chop/shred into bite size pieces. Season additionally with salt if needed..
- Chop romaine lettuce and dice Roma tomatoes into 1/4-inch pieces. Slice vidalia onion into as thin of slices as you can manage..
- For each serving, take a pita and cut in half. If you have pitas that are airy inside and form pockets, place desired amount of lettuce in the bottom, followed by shredded pork. Then drizzle cucumber mint sauce over top and garnish with tomatoes/onion. If your pitas don't have pockets, simply put ingredients in the middle like a taco..
Hoisin sauce is a thick, fragrant sauce usually used in Chinese cooking. It is often used as a glaze for meat, an addition to stir fries, or as dipping sauce. It has a sweet, salty flavor. Though cucumbers are usually thought of as a vegetable, they are actually a fruit. Also, cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making.