SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN. Using Locally Sourced Seasonal Ingredients, It's Live, Raw & Naturally Fermented. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
It's wonderful with a slice of crusty French bread. —Michele Doucette, Stephenville, Newfoundland How to make vegan split pea soup. Cooking this vegan split pea soup is really easy. Here is how you achieve that. You can have SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
- Prepare 1 lb of split peas.
- You need 6 of large carrots.
- It’s 5 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded.
- Prepare 1 of large (not gigantic) onion.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 9-10 cups of water.
The ingredients needed to make SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN: Take of split peas. Get of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded. Take of large (not gigantic) onion. Provide of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN step by step
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables..
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low.
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally..
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed..
About this split pea soup: Most split pea soup recipes on the internet have some sort of bacon or ham in them, so I set out to make a super delicious vegetarian version. This vegetarian split pea soup has some veggies to bulk it up a bit, like carrots and potatoes, but the kicker is these croutons. I am so into croutons right now. Serve this vegan and vegetarian split pea soup with some crusty bread, biscuits (or vegan biscuits), or a simple side salad for a full meal. It keeps well in the fridge for up to five days, and it actually tastes better the longer it sits!