Brad's roasted pork carnitas. Place pork roast in a greased baking dish. Mix taco seasoning and garlic powder. Rub all sides of the meat.
Mix taco seasoning and garlic powder. Rub all sides of the meat. The cut of pork most often used for Authentic Carnitas is the pork butt, which is ironically not the butt of the pig, but its shoulder. You can cook Brad's roasted pork carnitas using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's roasted pork carnitas
- You need 3 lb of pork sirloin roast.
- It’s 1/2 packages of mild taco seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, mnced.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro, rinsed and chopped.
- You need 2 cup of grated cheese.
- It’s 1 of sour cream and hot sauce to taste.
- Prepare 1 of prepared salsa verde (link below).
- Prepare 12 of corn tortillas.
When pork butt is cooked over low heat for an extended period of time, it turns into juicy, tender bites of pork perfection. The pork can be eaten on its own, as a stand-alone. Brad's Carnitas Enchiladas with Roasted Tomato. Step: Place pork roast in a greased baking dish.
Brad's roasted pork carnitas step by step
- Place pork roast in a greased baking dish..
- Mix taco seasoning and garlic powder. Rub all sides of the meat..
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hrs or until tender.
- When pork is done pull apart with a fork..
- Warm tortillas in a pan on med heat with a small amount of oil..
- Load tortillas with desired ingredients. Serve with rice and beans https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361753-brads-roasted-salsa-verde.
Mix taco seasoning and garlic powder. Brad's roasted pork carnitas pork sirloin roast • mild taco seasoning • garlic powder • onion, mnced • cilantro, rinsed and chopped • grated cheese • sour cream and hot sauce to taste • prepared salsa verde (link below) Every tortilla dreams of being stuffed with Carnitas. The best of the best of Mexican food, seasoned pork is slow cooked until tender before gently teasing apart with forks and pan frying to golden, crispy perfection. Season the pork shoulder with salt, then arrange the pork in the Dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, and cumin.