Baked Hot Wings. Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
Pour remaining hot sauce evenly over chicken pieces. Make the sauce while the wings are almost done, just melt the butter and hot wing sauce in a small saucepan together. Add hot sauce, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire, honey, garlic powder, and cayenne. You can have Baked Hot Wings using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Hot Wings
- You need 20 of Chicken Wings.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Cayenne Powder. (If you like more kick, use 1 or 1 1/4 tsp).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 8 oz of Hot Sauce (Frank's).
- You need 2/3 can of Tomato Soup.
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
Instead of frying them, bake the chicken wings on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet. By cooking the chicken wings on a wire rack, fat drips away from the chicken wings while they bake and helps to make them extra crispy. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings and oil until all of the wings are coated. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and place the wings on the rack, making sure not to crowd the wings.
Baked Hot Wings step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F..
- Cut wings, throw away the tips..
- Melt butter in microwave..
- Mix cayenne powder, chili powder, garlic salt, onion powder, hot sauce, and tomato soup in with the melted butter..
- Marinade the chicken wings in a bag for at least 2 hours..
- Place foil onto a baking sheet (makes cleaning much easier) then spray with cooking oil..
- Place wings on baking sheet, bake for 45 minutes..
Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and brush the foil with the oil. Pat the wings dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with the baking powder. The wings do not need to be turned over. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix butter and RedHot Sauce in medium bowl; set aside.