Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce. Search for recipes bread pudding sauce. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. This is also known as creme anglaise, vanilla custard sauce, bread pudding sauce, or vanilla cream sauce.
The bread pudding sauce adds a silky, smooth layer for extra indulgence. Lightly spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Gradually add hot milk mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. You can have Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce
- It’s of For bread pudding.
- Prepare 15 oz of brioche bread, stale/about 4 days old.
- It’s 2 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of For creamy sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk, warm.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brandy/rum, optional.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
Spoon warm pudding into individual dessert dishes; serve with sauce. Slowly whisk in the butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended. Mix gently with bread and raisins.
Bread Pudding Recipe + Creamy sauce instructions
- For the pudding: Grease an 8×8 baking/casserole dish with butter..
- Cut the bread into small cubes and add to the baking dish..
- In a small pot over medium heat, add in the milk, sugar, butter and salt and stir occasionally until well combined and scalded. When done, set it aside to cool slightly..
- Once cooled down, add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, whisking continuously to form a custard..
- Pour this custard all over the surface of the bread, try to avoid any dry spots. Set aside to soak for about 40 minutes..
- After, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. The pudding is done when a fork inserted comes out clean..
- To make the sauce, in a small pot over medium low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute, don't stop whisking..
- After, add in the warm milk, a bit at a time, after add in the sugar and salt and continue whisking until the sugar dissolves and everything is well incorporated and the sauce thickens..
- Then, take it off the heat and stir in either the brandy/rum or vanilla extract, whichever is preferred..
- The sauce is ready, now pour it over the bread pudding warm.(This sauce can be made in advance and reheated on the stove.) Serve and enjoy!.
Bake until light brown and the custard is set, about an hour. It's rich and lightly spiced—the perfect recipe to try if you're new to this dessert or are looking for a classic rendition of bread pudding. Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Make sure your bread is dry, otherwise lightly toast your cubed bread in the oven or leave it out for a day or two. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the custard mixture.