Apple Pie 🥧. To freeze Baked Pie: Assemble and bake pie as directed in recipe. Wrap pie tightly with plastic wrap. To me, this is the purest and most intensely flavored apple pie recipe there is.
My friends gave the pie filling rave reviews. This will be the one I use for now on. Sliced apples under a lattice crust get bathed with a sweet buttery sauce before baking. You can have Apple Pie 🥧 using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie 🥧
- It’s of For the crust.
- It’s 300 g of flour.
- Prepare 225 g of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 7 tablespoons of iced water.
- You need of Apple filling.
- You need 2 lbs of 1/4 Apples.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- You need 113 g of butter.
- It’s 30 g of flour.
- You need 200 g of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. Homemade Apple Pie This is absolutely the best homemade apple pie you'll ever make! It has a flaky, buttery crust and a tender, lightly-spiced apple pie filling. Use a combination of apples for best flavor, and bake until the top is golden and the filling is bubbly!
Apple Pie 🥧 instructions
- Into a good processor add flour, butter,sugar and salt mix ingredients for 1 minute and the iced water and pulse just until moist clumps/ small balls of dough form. Pinch a piece of dough between your fingers and if it sticks together, it’s done..
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface, and gather together into a ball. Resist the urge to knead the dough – it should not be smooth. Divide dough in half and flatten into 2 disks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour before using..
- For your apple filling: Into a pan melt your butter and add the flower. Mix them for 1 minute then add sugar. Mix until the sugar is melted. Then, add the water and mix all of your ingredients together for a good two minutes. Put it on the side..
- Into a large bowl, slice the apples into thin slices and add cinnamon and add the butter texture ingredients. Then mix all ingredients together.
- Take a 9” pie pan. Put the first dough in the bottom of your pie pan and put your apple filling and then take your second dough. Cut it into thin strips and decorate your pie on the top. Then, fix the edges for a nice pie.
- Put a yolk into a bowl and add 2 spoons of sugar. Mix together and brush on pie for a golden color..
- Put the pie in the oven. Pre heat it for 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Decrease the heat to 380 degrees for 45 minutes or until your pie is cooked with a golden color..
When Courtney Page Ferrell set out to find her grandmother's long-lost apple pie recipe, she got much more than she bargained for. The Virginia-based creative consultant and sought-after speaker put up 'Lost Pie' signs around her neighborhood (and other cities, when she was traveling) and received a slew of recipes and stories from other apple pie lovers. To make apple pie, you can make a two-crust pastry dough recipe from scratch, but you can also get a head start with a box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts for a convenient, yet homemade-quality pie crust. Apple Pie Recipes Nothing compares to the warm, flaky crust and sweet, juicy filling of our favorite comfort food: apple pie. Whether you prefer doing everything from scratch or getting a head start with pre-made piecrust, we've got all the recipes you need to satisfy your apple pie cravings.