Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. Whisk the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and bourbon together in a large mixing bowl until very smooth. Add the half-and-half and mix well.
Whisk the Large eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and bourbon together in a large mixing bowl till very smooth. Add in the half-and-half and mix well. Meanwhile, MAKE THE BOURBON SAUCE: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. You can cook Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- It’s of Bread pudding.
- Prepare 1 of and a 1/2 cup raisins.
- Prepare 1 loaf of French bread stale (I used Italian bread).
- Prepare 1 quart of milk.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Tblsp vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of Tblsp melted butter.
- You need of Bourbon Sauce.
- Prepare 4 of Tblsp butter (half a stick).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vailla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey (less or more).
Stir in the sugar and cornstarch, and cook, stirring, until dissolved. Classic new orleans bread pudding with a bourbon sauce. recipe. Learn how to cook great Classic new orleans bread pudding with a bourbon sauce. . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Classic new orleans bread pudding with a bourbon sauce. recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce step by step
- For the pudding =Soak the raisins for at least an hour or two in the 1/2 cup whiskey.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a large bowl and pour in a quart of milk and add the bread. Press the bread down lightly to soak up all the milk.
- In a separate bowl add 3 eggs and whisk them together with the sugar vanilla and cinnamon and keep whisking until well incorporated.
- Use melted butter to grease a 9×13 pan.
- Pour mixture into bread bowl on top and add the soaked raisins on top of that.
- Gently fold the mixture with the milk soaked bread careful not to break the bread.
- Add to your greased pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
- For the Sauce =Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour stir to cook to a blonde on medium.
- Add the heavy cream and sugar stirring constantly until sugar dissolves on low.
- Add vanilla and whiskey and whisk for a few more and you're done take off heat.
- When it comes out the oven drizzle the sauce over it and ENJOY 😉😋👌.
Place bread pudding in large metal baking pan. Bake until pudding is puffed and. While the pudding is resting, make the sauce, combining the water, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small saucepan. In a small bowl, stir together the bourbon and the cornstarch, mixing them well,. Bring the saucepan of water and brown sugar to a rolling boil over high heat, and then add the cornstarch-bourbon mixture and brng tio a boil.