Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice. How to reheat quinoa spanish rice: Simply re-warm on the stovetop over low heat until warmed through, adding a little water as needed so the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the quinoa, onion, garlic, and green pepper. Stir in the tomato sauce and water, then season with the chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
A festive mix of organic whole grain brown rice, quinoa, red bell peppers, and corn, its always a crowd-pleaser, whether served as a vegetarian meal or delectable side dish. This is a delicious way to add an organic touch to all your rice dishes and meals. Heat the oil in a small saucepan. You can have Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice
- It’s 1 cup of Quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of wild rice.
- You need 4 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz. Tomato Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 each of onion, chopped small.
- It’s 1/2 each of Green pepper chopped small.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced jalepeno, reserve juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of black pepper.
Add the onion and saute until tender and golden brown. Add the quinoa, salsa and broth and stir to combine. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add green bell pepper, vegetable broth, tomatoes, hot sauce and seasonings and stir in drained quinoa; bring to a boil.
Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice step by step
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to boil, add wild rice boil for 2 mins, reduce to simmer and cover for 45 mins. Drain remaining water..
- In another pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add minced garlic and quinoa, brown for 2 mins and add 2 cups water. Boil for 1 minute and reduce to simmer and cover for 15 mins or until most of water has absorbed.
- Chop onion, green pepper and jalapeño small.
- Add tomato sauce, green pepper,onion,jalepeno, spices, wild rice and 3 tablespoons jalapeño juice to quinoa. Mix well cover and simmer 10 mins or until most of liqued is absorbed..
Wild rice is an aquatic, high fiber, high protein grain that is also high in niacin and other B-vitamins. It's nice to know that our ancient ancestors would recognize this food! TO COOK THE QUINOA: In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil. This pseudo-cereal is packed with protein, fiber and loads of minerals like iron and zinc. There's a reason why it's been widely hailed as a superfood.