[Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad. Great recipe for [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad. I wanted to think of a potato salad with lots of cucumber that's also good with bread. The key is to add grainy mustard.
With farming and raising food part of the rich history on both sides of our family we've got so many old-fashioned recipes that are just as good old comfort food! It used tofu instead of eggs and vegenaise in place of nayonnaise, but can easily be adapted to the non-vegan version by using real mayonnaise and evaporated milk. It is a yummy recipe and we have made it both ways. You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 of Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 small of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of [A].
- It’s 3 of Wiener sausages (5 mm slices).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- It’s of [B].
- You need 8 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of Grainy mustard.
- It’s 1 dash of Vinegar.
The family loved it both ways and cleaned out the bowl. Making our Favorite Southern Style Potato Salad While the potatoes are cooling in the colander, combine all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Be sure to make the dressing either when the potatoes are cooking or cooling as the hot potatoes absorb the dressing and flavors better. Meanwhile, mix green pepper, red pepper, onions, mayo and ranch together.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Our Potato Salad instructions
- Peel the potatoes and chop into quarters. Boil in enough water to cover completely, then test with a skewer and make sure it goes through..
- Drain the water from the pot (Step 1). Roast the potatoes for 1 minute to evaporate excess moisture. Crush into bite-sizes with a spatula or similar..
- Combine all the [A] ingredients with the cooked potato and mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool slightly..
- Thinly slice the cucumber, onion, and carrot with a slicer. Chop into bite-sized pieces or thin rounds..
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the sliced vegetables from Step 4 and toss to mix in the salt thoroughly. Set aside for 10 minutes and drain well..
- After the potato has cooled down, add the tossed vegetables and [B] ingredients. Mix well to serve..
- Also good on bread..
Add in bacon and yams; stir well. Paprika is a classic seasoning in potato salad. I also like to garnish the potato salad with a sprinkle of paprika for added color. Last, but definitely not least, salt and pepper for obvious reasons. How to make the Best Classic Potato Salad.