Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy. Mix in the ground beef and breadcrumbs. In a small bowl, whisk together broth and gravy mix until smooth; stir broth mixture into skillet. Add patties, and bring to a boil.
Gradually mix in beef broth and sherry. Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Onion gravy recipe is a new twist on an old classic. This savory Hamburger Steak recipe is loaded with rich flavor. You can have Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy
- Prepare 1 c. of flour.
- Prepare 3 T. of olive oil.
- Prepare of FOR HAMBURGER STEAKS:.
- Prepare 1-1/2 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 c. of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, minced fine.
- It’s 1 tsp. of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- You need of FOR GRAVY:.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 c. of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 c. of beef broth.
- It’s 1 c. of water.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of Better Than Bouillon beef concentrate.
Hamburger Steak with mushroom onion gravy is easy to make but tastes like a dish that's been braised for hours. Add onions and mushrooms to skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and allow to cook until tender. Mix together beef bouillion and water.
Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom-Onion Gravy instructions
- In a large bowl combine all the hamburger steak ingredients together well. Shape into 6 patties. Dip each into flour, coating well on all sides..
- Over medium-high, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Fry burgers until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside, reserving all the pan drippings for the gravy..
- In the skillet with the drippings, over medium heat, add the sliced onions and stir to coat well. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly caramelized, about 20-30 minutes..
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, in a medium bowl whisk together the rest of the gravy ingredients..
- Pour the liquid gravy mixture into the skillet with the caramelized onions and mushrooms. Stirring constantly, heat over medium until mixture begins to thicken..
- Return the hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat with the gravy. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes to keep well coated..
- Serve with your favorite potatoes recipe, or noodles, or rice..
Old Fashioned Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Onion Gravy have the perfect combination of ingredients and seasonings that turn into one delicious dinner! Old Fashioned Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Onion Gravy What is on your dinner plan for this week? Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Hamburger steaks — sometimes called Salisbury steaks — are a classic comfort food. Salisbury steaks are typically made with ground beef and seasonings.