White rice, sauteed corn and ground turkey empanadas. Empanadas with Rice Pudding These sweet empanadas with creamy rice pudding make a tasty dessert or treat with an afternoon coffee, tea or hot chocolate. With flavorful ground turkey and chorizo, these comforting pasteles de arroz (or tamales) wrapped in corn husks are great for the holidays. Empanadas with Rice Pudding These sweet and creamy rice pudding filled empanadas make a tasty dessert or treat with an afternoon coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the turkey, onion, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Add the raisins and olives, and season to taste. Allow the mixture to cool completely. You can cook White rice, sauteed corn and ground turkey empanadas using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White rice, sauteed corn and ground turkey empanadas
- It’s 2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 of parsley, onions, peppers, sazon, salt, and any seasoning you like.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil.
- You need 1 packages of dough for turnover patties(empanadas).
I wanted to create a new type of empanada using some middle-eastern spices and a healthier meat. These little babies would be great to take on a picnic, in a lunch, or to the beach. They are also a low-calorie, low-fat meal. These have no cheese or red meat, and would be fine for IBS.
White rice, sauteed corn and ground turkey empanadas step by step
- Cook rice for 25 minutes.
- heat up a can of corn, after you heat it up drain water and add olive oil, parsley and black pepper. sautee for about 5 minutes and serve on top of rice.
- in a medium pot prepare your meat add all ingredients . when the meat is ready, open the package of turnovers stuff them with meat and fold to close.
- put oil in a frying pan, make sure its very hot so when you put the patties in they fry up quickly.
The best part of making a Thanksgiving turkey are always the leftovers! We always make a larger bird for that reason. Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few! Sprinkle turkey with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.