Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until mixture begins to boil. Slowly add broth, stirring with a whisk until thickened.
Growing up in the east we simply did not eat much Mexican food. Combine chicken, onion mixture, cheese blend, cream cheese, salsa verde, olives, cilantro, and jalapenos in a large bowl for the filling. WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH GREEN CHILE SOUR CREAM SAUCE — Chicken, green chilies and cheese, rolled in floured tortillas and smothered in a creamy homemade sauce. You can have Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce
- Prepare of Whole rotisserie chicken.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 10-12 of large flour or corn tortillas or 16 smaller ones.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Mexican oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 8 oz of chopped green chili with liquid.
- Prepare of Milk (add to desired consistency as sauce thickens 1-2 cups).
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
My whole family gets excited when these White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce are on the menu! This is probably one of our all-time favorite enchilada recipes. They can be made with flour or corn tortillas, with white beans or without, with canned green chiles or with green enchilada sauce or salsa verde. After all this time, creamy "white" green chile chicken enchiladas are still one of my favorite meals ever.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce instructions
- Remove all meat from the chicken, discarding bones and skin. You should get 4-6 cups of meat when diced..
- Mix 2 cups of cheese with the diced chicken and set aside..
- For the sauce: melt butter in a large pan. Add flour and spices and whisk over medium heat for a few minutes until flour is cooked..
- Add the chicken broth and green chilies. Whisk over medium heat and add milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Medium thick is what I went for..
- Add the sour cream. Adjust seasonings to your taste..
- Place about a cup of sauce in the bottom of large baking dish. You may need 2 baking dishes. I used one large lasagna pan and one medium sized one..
- Fill the tortillas with about 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese down the center and roll up. Place seam side down in the pan and continue process until chicken is gone..
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese..
- Bake at 425 F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely golden brown on top..
Roll up chicken mixture in tortillas and place in pan. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. Pour the rest of the green enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan. These Creamy Green Chicken Enchiladas are made with shredded chicken, sour cream, green chilies, cream cheese, spices, pepper jack cheese, tortillas, and a green chile enchilada sauce.