Bread Pudding. Stock Up Today On Your Favorite Spirits. Bread pudding gives stale bread the star treatment in this classic and comforting dessert. Bread Pudding Bread pudding is an irresistible dessert classic.
Bread pudding is a delicious treat and an even better way to reduce food waste! For this bread pudding recipe, collect the heels and any extra slices of bread you have and freeze them. When you have enough to measure six cups (this is about six slices of bread), thaw the slices and start baking this warm and comforting bread pudding. You can cook Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 loaf of French Bread.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- You need 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- You need 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Honey.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Add the bread to the bowl and stir until completely coated. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt.
Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
Continue cooking just until butter melts; cool. Old-fashioned bread pudding is the ultimate classic comfort food. It's part monkey bread, part custard and just as cozy as a dessert can possibly be. (Just like these dessert recipes !) This dessert has seen many revivals over the ages. BBQ Chicken and Apple Bread Pudding To me, bread pudding is the epitome of comfort food and is simply too good to reserve only for dessert. This sweet and savory twist on the classic is a delicious new way to enjoy an old favorite. —Shauna Havey, Roy, Utah DIRECTIONS.