Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce. Low Prices on El Paso Enchilada Sauce. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Mexican Recipes on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
Stir in sour cream and chilies. My whole family gets excited when these White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce are on the menu! This is probably one of our all-time favorite enchilada recipes. You can cook Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
- Prepare 8 each of soft taco size flour tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded or cubed cooked chicken.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 cup of peeled roasted green chiles, diced.
Start by filling flour tortillas with shredded rotisserie chicken and cheese. For the sauce: you basically just make a roux with flour, butter, and chicken stock. Then you stir in some sour cream, a can of green chiles, and some seasonings. Pour that whole thing on top of these enchiladas and that's it.
Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix together 1 cup of the cheese and the chicken. Place an equal amount of the chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased, 9 x 13-inch pan..
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream and green chiles. Pour sauce over the top of the enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until mixture begins to boil. Slowly add broth, stirring with a whisk until thickened. Mix in the sour cream and chiles, heating thoroughly but do not boil, stirring occasionally. Roll up chicken mixture in tortillas and place in pan.