Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Pour remaining red enchilada sauce over top the top half of the enchiladas.
I like to add a little chopped onion and Mexican crema. Your family will love these shredded chicken enchiladas with a savory cream cheese filling and green enchilada sauce.. I served it with Mexican Rice and a Fresh Corn Red Onion and Tomato Salad with. You can have Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1/2 pint of sour cream.
- It’s 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Tortillas.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbs of parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of FOR RED SAUCE – 15 oz tomato sauce & can of red enchilada sauce.
- You need of FOR GREEN SAUCE -large can green enchilada sauce 28-32oz.
The sauce and shredded chicken can be made and frozen. We provide freezing instructions for both red enchilada sauces suggested in their recipes. Shredded chicken can be stored in a freezer-safe container and frozen. Assembled and cooked enchiladas can be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator overnight.
Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green instructions
- Cook chicken in crockpot seasoned with salt and covered with water. Can cook overnight on low or on high about 3 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Once chicken is done take out and wipe off fat and skin with a paper towel. Shred with a fork or in a blender. Don't shred too fine..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet. Add in onion, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 mins.
- Add in chicken, rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Stir to combine until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato sauce if making red, or 2 cups of green sauce if making green and the salt stirring to combine..
- Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if desired.
Reheat before serving in the oven. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture evenly into corn tortillas and roll up. Line up tortillas, touching each other, fitting as many tortillas as you can (but not on top of eachother.). Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish.