Fajita green chile enchiladas. Great recipe for Fajita green chile enchiladas. When you can't decide between fajitas or green chile enchiladas combine them. Sprinkle with Fajita Seasoning, salt and pepper.
Serve with toppings such as avocado, guacamole, salsa, fajita veggies, sour cream, green onion, cilantro or lettuce. Add the chicken, beans, and green chile. Season the steak with the garlic salt, pepper, and ancho chile powder. You can cook Fajita green chile enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fajita green chile enchiladas
- You need 1 package of 100 calorie tortillas (Chichi's).
- Prepare 1 of large package of chicken tenderloins.
- It’s of Fajita marinade of your choice.
- Prepare 4 ounces of onion, green, red pepper each.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of green chile enchiladas sauce.
- You need 1 (4 oz) of can of chopped green chile.
- It’s 8 tbsp of cream cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded low fat cheddar jack cheese.
Warm half and half in a small saute pan over medium low heat. Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, cheese, green chile enchilada sauce, sour cream, and green chiles, topped with more sauce and cheese! We frequently make these enchiladas when we have company over for dinner, because everyone loves them! We always serve them with mexican rice, homemade salsa, and some tacos for an all out Mexican dinner!
Fajita green chile enchiladas instructions
- Start by letting your chicken breast soak up fajita marinade this is Wegman's brand. I let it marinade for about 6 hours while I was at the pool.
- You can cook it however you prefer. I like the airfryer because it locks the flavor, cooks fast and everything stays moist. My chicken took about 20 minutes with some turning..
- While your chicken is cooking chop up your fajita veggies. I grabbed a packet already made up. Toss them in a nonstick pan. It's just to get them soft not fully cooked..
- When the chicken is done remove and chop up into small pieces since we're not shredding the meat.
- Toss chicken in a bowl with green chiles, fajita veggies, and cream cheese..
- Here it is all combined well.
- I weighed all of my filling and had a little over 40 ounces so that's about 5 ounces per enchilada of filling..
- After you have filled your tortillas line them up in a baking dish that has been sprayed.
- Pour your can of green chile sauce and spread out evenly.
- Top with shredded low fat Colby jack.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Take out let it rest then serve. I topped mine with plain Greek yogurt and fresh salsa.
- MFP information 370 calories with 30 g of protein for 1 enchilada no toppings.
This Green Enchilada Sauce recipe is quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free, and full of the best savory green chile flavor. Perfect for making enchiladas verdes, or using as a versatile sauce on any other favorite Mexican dishes. They can be made with flour or corn tortillas, with white beans or without, with canned green chiles or with green enchilada sauce or salsa verde. After all this time, creamy "white" green chile chicken enchiladas are still one of my favorite meals ever. Add the enchilada filling to the center of each tortilla (approx. ½ cup), roll them up tightly and line them in the dish seam side down.