Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. Add more oil to pan as needed. Drain between layers of paper towel and keep warm. I start with a some of the sauce, then a layer of tortillas, a layer of sauce, then the shredded chicken, then cheese, then back to the tortillas.
We frequently make these enchiladas when we have company over for dinner, because everyone loves them! We always serve them with mexican rice, homemade salsa, and some tacos for an all out Mexican dinner! Add the chicken, beans, and green chile. You can cook Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts, diced.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz.) of can green chile enchilada sauce – divided.
- Prepare 1 (4 oz.) of can green chiles.
- It’s 1 (10.5 oz.) of can cream of chicken soup.
- You need 2 (8 oz.) of pkgs. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded – divided.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream, plus extra for topping if desired.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 bunch of green onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of Roma tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 5 of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
The first step in making green chile chicken enchiladas is to make the fresh green chile sauce. Start by sauteing half a chopped onion and some minced garlic in olive oil. Once softened, sprinkle in flour to thicken the mix and make a roux. Add in diced Hatch green chile, and chicken broth.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Cook chicken in large skillet with a little olive oil and your seasonings. Place in a handful of the red onion if desired..
- Chop veggies and combine in small bowl; mix well and place in fridge until ready to serve..
- Once chicken is completely cooked, place in large mixing bowl..
- Add in half the can of enchilada sauce, 1 cup of shredded cheese, green chiles, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well to combine..
- Spread half of your remaining enchilada sauce into a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish..
- Evenly distribute the chicken mixture onto each of the five tortillas. Roll up with ends tucked into middle and place in your dish..
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Spoon evenly over each enchilada..
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot & bubbly..
- Enjoy topped with veggie mix and sour cream if desired!.
Add the enchilada filling to the center of each tortilla (approx. ½ cup), roll them up tightly and line them in the dish seam side down. Add chicken drippings, spices, salt, pepper, sautéed onion, green chile, chicken and the rest of the chicken broth. If the sauce is too thick, add additional chicken broth. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and chiles.