Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly just to break yolks, and mix in the cream, condensed milk, coconut milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Whisk to thoroughly combine until smooth. Arrange the bread cubes evenly in the dish.
Pour the warm coconut milk into the eggs in a slow stream, whisking constantly, until well combined. Pour the custard over the bread. Arrange the bread pieces in the dish and evenly sprinkle the pistachios and ginger on top. You can cook Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding
- You need of Bread base:.
- Prepare 5-6 cups of cubed brioche bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole walnuts (will be roasted and roughly chopped).
- It’s of Custard mix:.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Butter drizzle topping:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s of Optional topping:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk chocolate chips.
In another bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, jaggery or sugar, cardamom, and salt. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the bread, pressing down with a spoon or fork to make sure all the bread gets soaked. Place walnuts into a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until the walnuts turns golden brown.
Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding step by step
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Gently cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes, about half of a loaf makes 5-6 cups worth. Place evenly into the pan..
- Measure 1/4 cup of walnuts and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway, until browned. Cool slightly, then chop them roughly. Reserve 1/4 of the nuts for the top of the pudding, toss the rest with the bread cubes..
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Mix until well blended. Add the shredded coconut into the mix, mix well..
- Microwave the butter until melted and whisk in the 1/2 tbsp white sugar..
- Evenly pour the custard mix over the bread cubes. Top with remaining walnuts, drizzle butter topping over the top..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour) to absorb liquid..
- Top with chocolate chips right before putting it in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and custard is set..
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 8-10 pieces..
Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, maple syrup, brown sugar, maple flavor (or vanilla), nutmeg, and salt. Pour over the bread cubes and stir thoroughly. Nothing says comfort on a chilly day like warm homemade caramel on top of a hearty walnut-studded bread pudding. For more cooking tips and recipes, go to htt.