Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles. Place corn starch in a bowl. You can add seasoning to the cornstarch if you desire. Cover the tofu cubes in the cornstarch shaking off extra powder.
Drain and cover in paper towel to remove moisture. After, cut into bite size cubes. Cook the rice noodles as directed and if you want fry them for a minute in some soy sauce if desired. You can have Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles
- You need of Tofu.
- You need of Broccoli (or any vegetable your desire).
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- You need of Soy sauce (gluten free).
- Prepare of Powder Ginger.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Agave or Sugar.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Vegan asian noodles.
- It’s of Sunflower oil or similar.
Add some freshly steamed broccoli and you're good to go. Ingredients: block of extra firm tofu, rice noodles, wegmans General Tso's sauce or similar, flour, water, salt, corn starch, hot pepper flakes. Add the tofu from the oven and stir to coat in the hot oil. General Tso is one of the most popular Chinese takeout dishes.
Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles step by step
- Use extra firm tofu. Drain and cover in paper towel to remove moisture. After, cut into bite size cubes. Place corn starch in a bowl. You can add seasoning to the cornstarch if you desire. Cover the tofu cubes in the cornstarch shaking off extra powder..
- After all tofu has been prepared, heat oil in a shallow pot on high heat. Carefully fry the tofu. Be mindful that moisture can escape tofu into hot oil and it can burn you. Fry until golden and crispy. When done set aside..
- Blanch broccoli. Don't over cook. Set aside..
- In the mean time prepare the sauce in a bowl. I do 2 tbsp of soy sauce to 1 tbsp of sesame oil. 1/2 tsp of ginger. I either use agave or sugar to balance the saltiness of the sauce (add as little or as much depending on your preference. I like mine a little sweet) Add 3 tbsp of water to dilute sauce..
- Cook noodles as per instructions. Once all of the cooked ingredients are done; heat a wok or pan adding the Broccoli and tofu. Add the sauce and noodles and let it cook down until it thickens..
- After plating, garnish with sesame seeds and eat!.
It's traditionally made with fried chicken. Firm tofu cubes are the perfect alternative for a vegan version. I'm not the biggest fan of frying, but I still wanted the tofu cubes to be super crispy. Toss to coat (the cornstarch will become goopy). Shake and turn them around in the halfway through.