Split Pea Soup (crockpot). Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Check Out Recipes For Soups On eBay. Find Recipes For Soups On eBay.
Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Wash and drain the peas in a colander. You can have Split Pea Soup (crockpot) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup (crockpot)
- It’s 1 of meaty Ham bone.
- You need 1 lb of bag dry split Peas.
- Prepare 6 of cups Water.
- You need 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- You need 4 stick of Celery, sliced.
- You need 5 of or 6 Chicken bullion cubes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme, Garlic powder and Black pepper, each.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bag mini Carrots.
Add Soup Ingredients to Slow Cooker Pot: Thoroughly wash split peas under running water. Add the split peas, bacon, ham, potato, celery, leeks, carrots, onion, celery root, chicken stock, and water to the slow cooker. Add all ingredients in crockpot – This includes split peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, turmeric, broth. In a slow cooker combine split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
Split Pea Soup (crockpot) step by step
- Slice meat from ham bone, remove visible fat. Add bone and meat to crockpot..
- Add 6 cups water, and rest of ingredients except carrots..
- Cover and cook on high 5 hrs..
- Meanwhile cook carrots separately until soft..
- After 5 hrs remove bone from pot, break up big chunks of meat, then add cooked carrot..
- Serve with bread & butter..
Pour broth over and add ham bone. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; discard bone. Cut meat into cubes and return to soup or save meat for another use. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. Instructions: Add the split peas (no need to pre-soak), onion, carrots, thyme, ham, chicken bouillon cubes and water to the slow cooker.