General Toink (Tso but pork). Retired Chef Fai, been receiving lot of request for pork version of that famous General Tso's Chicken. so, for those who like pork meat! here is the version. General Tso's chicken is one of the most popular dishes in North American Chinese restaurants. Here we substitute the pork with chicken to make this air fryer General Tso's pork.
The flavor of this is simply amazing, just the correct amount of sweetness to go along with a mild heat from red pepper flakes. Marinate chicken, or even better yet pork for a dish that will make your family think you've ordered out! This General Tso's chicken/pork meatballs is a great alternative to a classic Chinese staple, but healthier and just as comforting. You can cook General Toink (Tso but pork) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of General Toink (Tso but pork)
- You need of Meat.
- It’s large of egg.
- Prepare 1 lb of country style pork ribs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry ginger.
- Prepare 1 each of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare of General.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
You can also use this basic sauce recipe and pair it with any other meat you want. I like to cut up chicken breast into chunks and use it with this sauce too! For this General Tso's Pork Stir Fry, a sweet and savory sauce of rice wine, rice vinegar, sugar, and soy/tamari, combines with a melange of pork, carrots and beans spiked with a spicy red chili pepper oil. For this General Tso's Pork Stir Fry, a sweet and savory sauce of rice wine, rice vinegar, sugar, and soy/tamari, combines with a melange of pork, carrots and beans spiked with a spicy red chili pepper oil.
General Toink (Tso but pork) step by step
- Heat vegetable oil in large nonstick pan or skillet.
- Mix together all the meat ingredients, except meat, in medium bowl (first 5 ingredients).
- Cut meat into about 1 inch cubes.
- Add cubed meat to egg mixture, mix well so all meat is covered.
- Add meat to heated pan, now it's best to cook in a couple batches, but I just dump it all in and stir until the outside cooks enough so they don't stick together..
- While the meat is cooking, mix together sauce ingredients (rest of the ingredients). Heat – 1/2 tsp is mild 1 tsp is a tad spicy.
- When meat is cooked to your liking, remove to a plate, put pan back on heat..
- Put sauce in pan, bring to a boil, allow to thicken. About 2 minutes.
- Add meat back into sauce, heat through. About 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over rice..
Stir in the green onion, garlic, whole chiles, and orange zest. Cook and stir a minute or two until the garlic has turned golden and the chiles brighten. General Tso sauce has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavor which is rich and intense, and a perfect addition to the stir fry dishes. In large wok or cast-iron skillet, heat oil over high heat. Files & Tags: recipes, tags, pork, chinese & chinese american, soy sauce, asian.