Corned Beef Hash. Cover and simmer until potatoes are of mashing consistency, and the liquid is almost gone. Directions Heat the oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Cover and set over high heat.
It's great on it's own, or serve at breakfast with a few eggs. You can also triple the recipe and bring it to a barbecue as a substantial side dish.—Carrie Chaplin, Clendenin, West Virginia Stir potatoes, salsa, and a pinch of salt into beef mixture. Make some homemade corned beef hash! You can have Corned Beef Hash using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corned Beef Hash
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 1 can of Corned Beef.
- Prepare 1 can of Baked Beans.
- Prepare 5 medium of Potatoes.
- It’s 4 tsp of Horseraddish Sauce.
- It’s 100 grams of Your favourite Hard Cheese, I used Lancashire in the photo.
Chop it up and fry it up with boiled potatoes and serve with runny fried eggs for breakfast. Or don't wait (hope) for leftovers, making this hash is a good enough reason to make corned beef in the first place. Add bell pepper, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce. This corned beef hash is a two-step process, but nothing about it is difficult.
Corned Beef Hash step by step
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them small then put them onto boil till they are ready to be mashed.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in a frying pan with a bit of butter/oil till golden and soft.
- Take the corned beef out of the can and cut into cubes as best as you can and then place into a deep oven proof dish.
- Open the can of baked beans and pour over the corned beef.
- When the onions are ready tip them into the dish and mix with the corned beef and baked beans.
- When the potatoes are ready mash them and then add the horseradish sauce and mix well.
- spoon the mash potatoes onto the corned beef and smooth down.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Put the dish into the oven for about 30 mins or till the cheese has melted and gone golden.
Start by cooking the beef the day before (if you also want to have it for dinner that night, just double the recipe). Medium dice your onion and sauté with butter in a pan until they become translucent. Add diced corned beef for about two minutes, then add your potatoes. Make sure your hash is an even layer in the. In a medium sized skillet, melt butter then add diced potatoes.