Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding. How to make caramel apple bread pudding: Cut bread into cubes, then line the bottom of your baking dish with a layer of bread. Cut up the apple pie filling while it's still in the can, then spoon it over the layer of bread cubes. Pack on another layer of bread cubes.
To make the pudding: Whisk the eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl. Add the salt, milk, cream, sugar, boiled cider, and vanilla, continuing to whisk. Toss the apples with the apple pie spice then with the walnuts, caramel pieces, and the bread cubes. You can have Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding
- You need 8 cups of stale bread cut to 1" cubes (I use homemade).
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground all spice.
- It’s 2 of medium apples(granny smith or gala) – peeled, cored, and diced.
- Prepare of Caramel Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbs of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tbs of milk.
- You need 2 tbs of salted butter – room temperature.
Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Chop apple pie filling into bite-sized pieces. In a medium bowl, combine pie filling, eggs, creamer, half of caramel apple dip, seasonings, vanilla and sugar. Pour over rolls, mix gently until liquid is absorbed.
Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding instructions
- A note before we begin! For this specific bread pudding I used homemade bread from my own recipe shared on this site. Italian bread and brioche are two of my other favorite breads to use as well, but really just about any bread will do as long as it's stale and the cubes are laid out in a single layer to air dry slightly for about 1 hrs before beginning this process. I lay.mine out on a parchment lined baking sheet then pick up the whole sheet to "pour" the bread into the custard..
- In a large bowl combine: eggs, sugar, cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and all spice. Whisk vigorously until mixture is thoroughly blended. I go until it looks frothy/bubbly around the edges when I stop wisking..
- Add bread cubes to custard mixture. Stir/toss gently with a wooden spoon to coat. Let sit 5 minutes then add prepared apple cubes and stir gently again to combine..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish (mine is 8x11in). Spoon bread and apples into dish in an even layer. Pour remaining custard mixture left in bowl evenly over the top of bread and apples. Let sit 15 minutes..
- Place dish in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden and center is just set. When done, remove from oven and set aside while you make the caramel sauce..
- In a small pan over medium heat whisk together brown sugar, cream, and milk. When it begins to steam whisk in the butter. Bring sauce to a boil, wisking constantly. Continue at a boil for 5 minutes to caramelize and thicken the sauce, wisking constantly..
- Remove pan from heat and immediately pour caramel sauce evenly over the entire top of your beautiful bread pudding. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to soak in a little. Cut and serve warm. Delicious topped with vanilla ice cream!.
- Cover any leftovers tightly and refrigerate. Bread pudding is just as tasty cold!.
Bring sauce to a boil, wisking constantly. Remove pan from heat and immediately pour caramel sauce evenly over the entire top of your beautiful bread pudding. In bowl mix together your milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined. I am coming to you from a weird, wild time right now. I am a full time mom currently due to the quarantine, my house is a mess, my hair is a mess, my life is just b.o.r.i.n.g. right now, and I am sure you can relate!