Lighter General Tso's. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Lighter General Tso's Chicken Lighter General Tso's Chicken. A lightened-up, baked version made with half the calories. And it tastes even better than the original!
I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's Food Everyday and it tastes really good! This is one of my husband's favorite dish so he was thrilled when I made it. This lighter General Tso Chicken is made with chunks of white meat chicken breast, lightly wok sautéed with an easy, healthier stir-fry sauce, and less than half the calories than if you ordered take-out! You can have Lighter General Tso's using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lighter General Tso's
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 cup of crushed Corn Flakes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- You need of for the sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/3 cup of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
General Tso Chicken is a super easy meal with an amazing sweet and savory sauce with a little bit of heat! This is way better than takeout! This General Tso's Tofu is a healthier and lighter version of the classic General Tso's Chicken. Besides, it's made with tofu instead of chicken and the tofu is not deep-fried, just sautéed in a little bit of oil.
Lighter General Tso's step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside..
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in crushed Corn Flakes, pressing to coat..
- Place onto prepared baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 13-15 minutes..
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken broth, hoisin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch until thickened, about 1-2 minutes..
- Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately..
- Serve with rice, can add steamed broccoli as well.
Place the flour in a wide shallow dish. Whisk together the soy sauce and eggs in another wide, shallow dish. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a third wide, shallow dish. This lighter General Tso's Chicken is made with chunks of white meat chicken breast, lightly wok sautéed with an easy, healthier stir-fry sauce, and less tha. Healthy General Tso's Chicken is simple, flavorful and perfect for a weeknight dinner.