General Tso Chicken with Rice. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low. Sprinkle cayenne pepper all over the chicken and place it into a warm oven.
General Tso Chicken is a tasty chicken dish with a sweet and sticky sauce that may have been created in right here in North America! We love the way it pairs with oven-baked rice and Sesame Ginger Snap Peas! Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low. You can cook General Tso Chicken with Rice using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of General Tso Chicken with Rice
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 1 kg of Chicken Thigh or Breast.
- Prepare of Marinate.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn strach.
- Prepare 1 of big egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbs of rice oil.
- You need of For Rice.
- Prepare 1.5 Cup of Rice.
- Prepare 2.5 cup of water.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt if you like your rice salty.
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1.5 tbs of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s of Finely Minced Scallops(1/4 cup).
- You need 1 tbs of mirin/vodka.
- Prepare of Finely Minced Ginger(1 tbs).
- You need of Chilli Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of rice vinegar.
Turn off the heat and fluff the cooked rice with a fork. Combine brown rice, veggies, and grilled chicken in a bowl and drizzle General Tso sauce on top. Add the snow peas; season with salt and pepper. Stir and cover with plastic wrap.
General Tso Chicken with Rice instructions
- Cut the all chickens into small pieces. Than add them into a bowl. Add the marinate ingredients. And mix them carefully..
- Toast some chilli flakes in a pan. Then mix sauce ingredients. And add flakes into the sauce..
- Wash rice for 7 or 8 times until all the strach is gone. Add rice into a pan than add the water. Cook until water evoparates. Then lower the heat and cook it for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes cut of the heat and rest..
- Put oil into a pot. Then fry until the chickens are crispy and golden. Or you can use deep fryer..
- Put a oil into a pan. Than add the scallops.Add your sauce. Then cook it until it comes to a consistency. Than add your chickens into the sauce and mix. Please don't overcook the sauce because it will turn to jelly. And the color will be dark..
- Plate your meal. Than sprinkle some sesame over it. And some scallops. Bon appetit!.
- Note: I overcook the sauce. Don't do it. If you do you can add some chicken broth or water..
Typically, General Tso's Chicken is served with a bed of steamed rice and a side of steamed broccoli. If you want to make a full spread of takeout favorites, try your hand at making some chow mein too. Stir in the rice wine vinegar, hoisin, brown sugar, chicken stock and sesame oil. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat. Serve the chicken topped with scallions.