Easy Pie Crust Recipe. This is a fine recipe when you're in a pinch but when I have the luxury of time and a special recipe I would go for a real crust. That said my husband and son didn't mind it at all for my homemade pot pies. (For the tops I pressed the dough into rounds on WAXED PAPER and then picked it up and turned it onto the pie – very easy.) Combine flour, salt, and butter in a food processor. How to make pie crust Make the dough: Combine the flour, salt and sugar.
With a pastry blender, cut in butter, working until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add the milk, tossing with a fork until a ball is formed. My go-to pie crust I've been loyal to for more years than I can remember, a classic pie crust also known as shortcrust pastry. You can have Easy Pie Crust Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Pie Crust Recipe
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of butter, cold but softened.
- You need of salt.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of whole milk.
- Prepare of medium egg.
Double it for a covered pie (use recipe scaler). Then, prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork. If blind baking, place a sheet of aluminum foil inside the crust and fill it with pie weights, dry beans, or dry rice. Sift the flour into a bowl.
Easy Pie Crust Recipe instructions
- Gather all the ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl..
- To the dry ingredients, add in the butter and coarsely break it in using a spatula or your hands till it resembles coarse sand..
- Then, add the egg and milk and mix first with a spatula or wooden spoon and eventually continue with your hands to bring it together till it forms a dough, add a splash more of milk if your dough is too hard or is breaking and bring it back together..
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes for the dough to rest and chill..
- After the dough chills, bring it out and roll on a floured surface to fit your pie dish, the dough is enough for a bottom and top crust. If blind baking, bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the middle rack for 35 – 40 minutes. If baking with a filling, roll out the dough to fit your pie dish, add in the filling and cover with top crust. Brush the top of the pie with some egg wash (1 egg and a tbsp of milk).Bake at 300 degrees fahrenheit on the middle rack for 45 – 50 minutes..
- Below is an apple pie I made using this pie crust recipe. Happy Baking!.
Add the butter and rub in with your fingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Add small amounts of water or milk into the mixture and stir or shape with your hands until all the mix comes together. Do not put too much water in or the pastry might go whiteish. Place a baking sheet on a middle oven rack. Place into a pie plate and then pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork (this prevent air pockets or bubbles from forming while baking).