Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!. Registreer één keer, open een gratis account en begin met sparen met Raisin! Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. In large bowl, beat all ingredients except oats, flour and raisins with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
A friend gave me the recipe for these cookies many years ago, and they're as delicious as the ones Mom used to make. The secret to the recipe is to measure exactly (no guessing on the amounts) and to not overbake. —Wendy Coalwell, Abbeville, Georgia. Transfer the cooled cookies to airtight containers and freeze them for up to twelve months. You can cook Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Butter Malai /.
- Prepare 1/6 Cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1/6 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Flour.
- It’s 1/3 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Oats (I used Quaker).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Raisins.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of Choco – chips (optional).
For grab-and-go desserts and snacks freeze two or three cookies each in resealable plastic freezer storage bags. The origins of the oatmeal raisin cookie can be traced back to Scottish oat cakes that were eaten when extra bursts of energy were needed. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies These oatmeal raisin cookies are just the way Grandma made them, except with butter instead of shortening!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! step by step
- Preheat your oven to 150°C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Leave aside..
- In a big bowl, with an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar for 1-2 mins..
- Then add in the egg and the vanilla. Beat till everything combines together..
- Use a spatula to scrape off the sides..
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, namely flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Now add in the dry ingredients into the first bowl which contains the wet ingredients..
- Beat until everything is incorporated. PS: Be careful not to give yourself a flour facial! :).
- Finally add in the oats, the raisin, and the choco-chips (if using). Mix well..
- I used a tablespoon to make 18 equal portions of batter for medium sized cookies. I did two batches of 9 each..
- Place each portion about 1.5 inches apart..
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, till the edges turn golden but the centres are slightly wet..
- Take out the tray for the oven. Leave the cookies on it for 10 mins..
- Finally remove the cookies from the tray, and leave them to cool on a rack..
- These cookies are soft and moist. Pair them up with your morning coffee or your evening tea!.
- You can store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days, though I doubt they will last that long! :).
They're made with old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, and plenty of raisins. These chewy, spicy, oatmeal raisin cookies are healthier with more white whole wheat flour and less sugar than the original recipe. We also use all butter and no shortening. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.