Easy Alfredo Sauce. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. You can use one cup of regular milk, half-and-half or a mixture of chicken stock and heavy cream. You can cook Easy Alfredo Sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Alfredo Sauce
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded Parmesan.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- You need of Parsley, garlic salt, and white pepper too taste.
In a saucepan or skillet, warm the butter and cream. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary. Whisk the flour and garlic salt into the melted butter until the mixture is smooth.
Easy Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Melt butter and whipping cream together, with continuous whisking..
- Add spices and mix. Turn to a medium temperature until slowly starts to bubble..
- Then continually whisk while slowly feathering in the cheeses, until all melted and is creamy smooth..
Slowly beat the half and half into the sauce until completely incorporated. Stir the garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese into the sauce, whisking continually. How to make Alfredo Sauce from scratch? It starts with three ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and is so easy. This simple, delicious Alfredo Sauce saves time and money by avoiding trips to the store for a jarred sauce or an expensive meal at an Italian restaurant.