Coney sauce or sloppy joes. Cook beef, onion and green pepper until meat is browned. Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Great recipe for Coney sauce or sloppy joes.
Amazon Affiliate Links to some of Ole SmokinSteve's Favorite Things EGGspander: Transfer the beef and onion to a slow cooker and stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and mustard. Season with celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt. Cover and simmer on Low setting for a few hours before serving. You can have Coney sauce or sloppy joes using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coney sauce or sloppy joes
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- It’s 1 can of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey bbq sauce or any bbq.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chili seasoning hot or mild.
The thing that made it taste like sloppy joes was the cider vinegar, so you'll want to try and counteract all that acidity. Add chili powder, sugar and salt. Add medium bottle of ketchup and beat with an electric mixer until well blended and all large chunks of meat are broke up. Hot dog sauce is so good if you make it yourself.
Coney sauce or sloppy joes step by step
- Cook your ground beef or venison fully in sauce pan and drain any grease..
- Mix in everything the recipe calls for and simmer 5 minutes on low-medium heat..
We like it just on hamburger buns, too, like Sloppy Joes. This hot dog sauce is very versatile and can be used as a base sauce. It would be great over pasta, too. We put this on brats, hot dogs, nachos and tortillas. What sets these sandwiches apart from Sloppy Joes is the lack of a thick sauce that's usually tomato based (unless you get as adventurous as I do with Sloppy Joe Recipes).