Sloppy joes. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Everything You Love On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Check Out Sloopy Joes On eBay.
Add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain most of the fat and discard. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. You can cook Sloppy joes using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sloppy joes
- Prepare of Hamburger buns.
- It’s 1 lb of Groundbeef 80/20.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
This is the perfect basic sloppy joes recipe. I won't be buying the canned stuff anymore. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops. Serve with your favorite sides or sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper,.
Sloppy joes instructions
- For Toasted Buns: You’ll need about 2 tsp of softened butter for six hamburger buns..
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, drain the grease and set aside the meat. Don’t skip this part, draining the meat is crucial to stopping your filling from getting greasy..
- In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the onions over medium high heat until caramelized..
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes. The sauce will thicken..
- Add the ground beef to the sauce in the skillet and stir until cooked through..
- To serve, butter the insides of your hamburger buns and toast them lightly on a griddle pan. Add the filling to your hamburger buns & enjoy. You can even top it with cheese..
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Sloppy Joes Sandwiches You'll love this quick, easy and economical dish. Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness, both for traditional sandwiches on buns or as a down-home topping for rice, biscuits or baked potatoes. —Laurie Hauser, Rochester, New York Directions In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.