Best Blueberries Muffins. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight. Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to just.
Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Mix the rest of the whole blueberries with the remaining flour, and fold into the batter. Bursting with fresh blueberries with a tender crumb and sparkling sugar crust, these really are the best blueberry muffins. You can have Best Blueberries Muffins using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Blueberries Muffins
- It’s 240 g of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 140 g of castor sugar.
- Prepare 115 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 120 ml of milk.
- Prepare 225 g of blueberries.
- It’s of Topping: 2 Tablespoon of raw sugar to sprinkle on top of muffin before baking.
I've tried fussier recipes that call for mashing some of the blueberries into the batter or even swirling homemade blueberry jam into the mix, but there's no need for all that — this simple recipe tops them all. Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Best Blueberries Muffins instructions
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F. Lightly grease your muffin pan and line with 12 muffin liners. Grease the inside of your muffin liners as well. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together with a stand mixer or electric hand mixer for 2 mins, until pale and fluffy..
- Add in one egg at a time and beat until well incorporated. Scrap down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined. The batter will look grainy at this point so don’t be alarmed..
- Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat a low speed, follow by 1/3 of the milk. Alternate the flour and milk until both are well incorporate into the batter. Mix until just combined and do not over mix..
- Add in the blueberries and use a spatula to fold into the batter gently..
- Scoop a big dollop of the batter into each muffin liner, filling them to almost the top. Sprinkle generously the raw sugar on top of each muffin and bake for 25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean..
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. These blueberry muffins are like the traditional American muffins so don't expect them to be very sweet. They are always best served warm.