Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Great recipe for Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF. I love the flavours in the greek seasoning mix I found on this app.
Very tasty served with some of my gluten-free pitta bread and tzatziki dip. You can replaced the minced lamb with cooked puy lentils if you want to make the recipe vegan Great recipe for Vickys Greek Seasoning GF DF EF SF NF. On the old AllTheCooks site before Cookpad took over, there was a great Greek seasoning recipe that I loved. You can have Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 900 grams of lamb, diced.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour or as required.
- You need 2 stick of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of large carrot, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 can (400 g) of each) plum tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 240 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of greek seasoning from recipe below plus extra to taste.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
The recipe and it's owner have both disappeared but I've made this blend so often I can make it without thinking about it. Add onions to meat and sauté until golden. See recipes for Vickys Stir-Fried Fish with Spring Greens, GF DF EF SF NF too. Heat the oil in a large pan or casserole (that has a lid) over medium-high heat and brown the lamb pieces all over.
Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- The greek seasoning recipe in picture below, just mix everything together.
- Toss the lamb in some flour, seasoned with some of the above greek seasoning, shaking off any excess. I use 1 teaspoon seasoning per 4 tablespoons flour as a guide.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large heavy saucepan over a medium-high heat. Brown off the lamb then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan and add in the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Add the garlic and stir in for 1 minute.
- Uncover and let simmer for 30 minutes more. Season to taste adding salt, pepper & additional greek seasoning if required (you could add a handful of pitted olives at this point if you like) and serve with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
- Pour in the stock, chopped plum tomatoes, 2 tsp greek seasoning and oregano. Put the lamb back in the pan. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve with pasta (you can use our add-on option for this) or vegan mash (recommended). For those that aren't sure what a UK Digestive is, this is it! This hearty beef stew recipe has what it takes to warm up a cold evening. Categories: Beef Stew Beef Stew Recipes Healthy Main Dish. We enjoyed this hearty stew with beef, but cubed leg of lamb would work, as well.