G's Bread Pudding. G's Bread Pudding Ganesh R Canada. A modern twist to your grandma's traditional bread pudding. Then, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and spices.
I like to serve this with custard sauce but it goes well with whipped cream, ice cream, or also great on its own. Old-fashioned bread pudding is the ultimate classic comfort food. It's part monkey bread, part custard and just as cozy as a dessert can possibly be. (Just like these dessert recipes !) This dessert has seen many revivals over the ages. You can have G's Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of G's Bread Pudding
- You need 250 g of wheat bread with crust, dry/stale.
- You need 150 g of rye bread with crust, dry/stale.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs with yolk.
- It’s 4 cups of skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of table cream (18% M.F.).
- Prepare 1 cup of golden raisins.
- You need 2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of lime juice.
Bread and butter pudding is basically the O. K., "bread and butter pudding" refers to a baked dessert made of stale bread, raisins, and a spiced egg custard. Bread pudding is an irresistible dessert classic. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food.
G's Bread Pudding instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cream, nutmeg, vanilla, and lime juice until fully combined..
- Break wheat and rye breads into 1-inch pieces and add to bowl. Mix until bread chunks are evenly coated and spread out..
- Allow mixture to sit and soak up for about 30 minutes, then add raisins and give it a final spin..
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Pour in mixture and spread evenly..
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake on middle rack for 50-60 minutes. The center should rise and the top should bronze evenly..
- Your bread pudding is ready! Take out and allow to cool for 30 minutes before digging in..
Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to. This bread pudding is the best I have ever tasted. My husband loves bread pudding and is never satisfied with what I make. I made your bread pudding and he was raving. He almost ate half of the pan.