Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese,. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use half the amount of beef broth. Cheese: Use the thinly sliced provolone cheese for best results on melting and getting the most flavor for a philly cheese steak sloppy Joe.
Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes are an weeknight dinner recipe using ground beef loaded with green peppers, onions and shredded cheese all served on toasted Brioche buns. Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes are an easy ground beef dinner recipe the whole family will love. The cheesy sloppy joe mixture is seasoned with brown gravy mix. You can have Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese, using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese,
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground turkey or ground beef (I used ground beef).
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper chopped (if you have an red bell peppers then use some of that too!).
- You need 1/2 container of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 2-3 of diced (pepperoncinis optional).
- Prepare 1-2 of Jalapeño diced (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of A1 Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of beef broth (just water is fine too, if you don’t have any stock) I used water.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste garlic to taste.
- It’s of sliced cheese (I used Provolone cheese or Swiss for this).
- It’s of Hot dog buns or hamburgers buns or any rolls or bread you like (I toast mine then toast it again with meat mixture and cheese on it.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- It’s of Hot sauce.
- You need of Or can keep it easy with just cheese.
There is something special about combining steak and cheese: mouthwatering cheesy, sweet and savory flavor in each bite. Preheat skillet, add ground beef and break it apart as you cook it into tiny pieces. Add bell pepper and onion to the mix, sautee on medium-high until veggies soften. Top off with cheese and cover with a lid.
Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese, instructions
- Stove top and instant pot. Directions. Cut or dice all veggies I used and onion dicer..
- Brown turkey or beef in a pot. Once browned drain the grease put back in pan add all cut up veggies (I used my instant pot).
- Cook on medium heat until they are cooked through. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a bubble and then cover and let simmer for a good 10 minutes. Spoon onto any kind of bun. Top with the cheese and Enjoy!.
- Crockpot directions – Just combine everything in the pot and let cook on low all day. (I did everything in my instant pot but put in my crockpot on low to cook it down (2hrs) you could used the instant pot slow cooker but I never used that..
- Notes- I used hot dog buns toasted them, then add the meat mixture and cheese then toasted them again so the cheese was melted. I toasted them so the buns would not get soggy.
Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, place a scoop of the meat mixture onto the bottom half of the buns. Top with cheese sauce (or cheese) and cover with the top half of the bun.