Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF. I love the flavours in the greek seasoning mix I found on this app. I use it often on chicken, pork and roasted vegetables and it makes this simple lamb stew really delicious and warming as the nights are drawing in Great recipe for Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stuffed Aubergine, GF DF EF SF NF.
Add onions to meat and sauté until golden. Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper. Serve with pasta (you can use our add-on option for this) or vegan mash (recommended). You can cook Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of olive oil, divided.
- You need of lamb, diced.
- It’s of gluten-free / plain flour or as required.
- It’s of celery, chopped.
- Prepare of large carrot, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of small onion, chopped.
- You need of each) plum tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of oregano.
- It’s of greek seasoning from recipe below plus extra to taste.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
Categories: Beef Stew Beef Stew Recipes Healthy Main Dish. We enjoyed this hearty stew with beef, but cubed leg of lamb would work, as well. A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Steak and Cheese Rolled Baked Omlet.
Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- The greek seasoning recipe in picture below, just mix everything together.
- Toss the lamb in some flour, seasoned with some of the above greek seasoning, shaking off any excess. I use 1 teaspoon seasoning per 4 tablespoons flour as a guide.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large heavy saucepan over a medium-high heat. Brown off the lamb then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan and add in the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Add the garlic and stir in for 1 minute.
- Uncover and let simmer for 30 minutes more. Season to taste adding salt, pepper & additional greek seasoning if required (you could add a handful of pitted olives at this point if you like) and serve with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
- Pour in the stock, chopped plum tomatoes, 2 tsp greek seasoning and oregano. Put the lamb back in the pan. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Starting at short side, roll up omelet while still in pan. Place seam side down on serving dish. Philly… This luscious lamb stew has layers of Moroccan flavor that just don't quit. It might be too spicy for some tastes, but this can easily be toned down to suit your taste. It's best if made a day ahead to let the flavor develop.